Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
Latest topics
» Hình ảnh bệnh mụn rộp sinh dục
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:35 am by trungvn

» Liên tục chiêu sinh lớp " 1 KÈM 1"
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:00 am by nobita32

» TRUNG TÂM TALENT CHIÊU SINH
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 7:10 pm by nobita32

» Nhận biết triệu chứng mụn rộp sinh dục
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 9:18 am by trungvn

» Hình ảnh bệnh mụn rộp sinh dục
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:31 am by trungvn

» xin tài liệu hướng dẫn nhuộm và làm tiêu bản
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:43 pm by truongminhtam2008

» Thông Báo Tuyển Sinh Lớp Chứng Chỉ Ngoại Ngữ B1, B2 Theo Khung Châu Âu
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 pm by nobita32

» Học tiếng anh ở trung tâm nào tốt nhất!
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm by nobita32

» Tuyển sinh liên thông cử nhân Xét nghiệm Y học năm 2014
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:20 am by duocsyhanoi

» Mong các bạn trả lời gip1 mình. Mình đang cần gấp ạ. Cảm ơn nhiều ạ
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:31 pm by worrylate1993

» TÓM TẮT HỆ THỐNG BETHESDA 2001
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:49 pm by trolaitimnhau

» Sinh Hóa
Lĩnh vực Y học I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 pm by tramduong

Microbiology
Lĩnh vực Y học EZ0.6927645_28909_1
Bệnh học TB
Lĩnh vực Y học RN0.6928815_28909_1
Đăng Nhập

Quên mật khẩu

Lĩnh vực Y học

Go down

Lĩnh vực Y học Empty Lĩnh vực Y học

Bài gửi by nhantrung Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 pm

Sự kháng thuốc của vi trùng lao :
Drug-Resistant TB Can Spread As Easily As Drug-Sensitive TB, Study Says
New research has found that drug-resistant strains of tuberculosis are just as likely to be transmitted between people as drug-sensitive TB, which could make drug-resistant forms of the disease "highly prevalent in the next few decades," the Australian Associated Press/Sydney Morning Herald reports (Rose, 8/11).

For the study, which was published Tuesday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, scientists used genetic data from previous studies to create a model of the way TB progresses. Researchers found that the growth rate, known as "reproductive fitness," of drug-resistant TB is comparable to drug-sensitive TB, according to Australia's ABC News (Phillips, 8/11). "Earlier laboratory work had suggested that despite causing longer lasting infections, the strains did not transmit easily," the Press Association writes (8/11). According to a University of New South Wales press release, the researchers examined strains isolated from Cuba, Estonia and Venezuela. "The finding may reflect an inconsistency in drug treatment programs in these countries," according to the release (8/10).

The study also found that most resistance today is not a direct result of treatment failure but a result of transmission of the disease from initial treatment failure, ABC News reports. "We found 99 percent of cases are due to transmission from somebody else who had a resistant strain," said Andrew Francis, one of the study researchers from the University of Western Sydney (8/11).

The findings "suggest that limiting further transmission of TB might be an effective approach to reducing the impact of drug resistance," said the University of New South Wales' Fabio Luciani, who led the research, writes the AAP/Sydney Morning Herald (8/11).

In related news, Global Fund To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Executive Director Michel Kazatchkine on Monday said that multi-drug resistant TB is underdiagnosed around the world and that only a fraction of those who are diagnosed are being treated, Reuters reports. "The Global Fund is funding about 25,000 to 30,000 patients but the estimated total number of cases is 500,000," Kazatchkine said at the 9th International Congress on AIDS in Asia-Pacific, which is being held in Bali, Indonesia.

It costs about $7,000 per year to treat someone who has MDR-TB, which is about 100 times the cost of treating drug-sensitive TB, he said, adding that "there was still an urgency to allocate more money" for MDR-TB. "If we can do it for H1N1, we can do it for TB. These epidemics have been at (pandemic) level 6 plus plus plus plus for years," Kazatchkine said (Lyn, 8/10).
Các bạn tự dịch nha . tongue
nhantrung
nhantrung
lục đẳng
lục đẳng

Tổng số bài gửi : 154

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang